* Viable Alternative to FiberInfrastructure mesh technology from Firetide provides municipal, industrial and enterprise users with the bandwidth needed to expand the reach of their existing networks, while adding a variety of fixed and mobile applications: city-wide video surveillance, traffic management and intelligent transportation systems, Wi-Fi access for mobile city workers and wireless broadband for underserved areas.
* Convenient Upgrade PathsHotPort 7000 mesh nodes ship as 802.11a/b/g/n dual-radio capable hardware, with enhanced functionality enabled through software licenses. Projects that do not require 802.11n MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) capacity or dual-radio capability can start with 802.11a/b/g-enabled single-radio configuration. Dual-radio functionality can easily be enabled through a software license at an additional cost. Similarly, a separate software license can enable MIMO functionality for operation in 40 MHz channels, and to take advantage of 802.11n technology to achieve throughput of up to 300 Mbps outdoors and 400 Mbps indoors.
* Easier Deployments & Network ManagementUnlike wired networks, where deployment is cumbersome, the self-forming nature of the Firetide mesh network ensures rapid deployment of large-scale networks. The HotPort 7000 mesh features integrated spectrum analysis, network capacity planning and antenna alignment tools for easier deployments and network management.
* Higher ReliabilityThe HotPort 7000 nodes form a multipoint to multi-point ad hoc wireless mesh network with no single point of failure. Unlike a wired network, where a cut in the cable could take several days to resolve, the Firetide mesh routes the traffic immediately on an alternate link ensuring continuous service and network availability.
* Dual-radio PerformanceTo maximize performance, dual-radio HotPort 7000 nodes support two radio modes. In the “bonded” mode, both radios are combined to operate as a single unit that provides double the bandwidth of a single radio equivalent. In the “linear” mode, both radios operate independently enabling sustained bandwidth levels over an unlimited number of hops. This enables long linear topologies, such as when networking a railway line, and provides a sustained level of service to every node, which is also critical for large municipal networks.
* Quality of ServiceFiretide's patented AutoMesh? flow based routing protocol supports advanced load balancing and congestion control mechanisms for optimal routing within the mesh network. The HotPort 7000 mesh infrastructure also provides extensive VLAN capabilities critical for deploying a multi-service network on a large scale.
* Metro-scale DeploymentsFiretide's network easily scale up to several hundreds of mesh nodes for city-wide deployment. Advanced features like MeshBridge? and Gigabit EthernetDirect? support mesh connectivity across multiple locations.
* Multicast & SecurityFiretide infrastructure provides reliable multicast capabilities critical for large-scale public safety and broadband access networks. Firetide mesh provides advanced security, including 802.11i support, dual-layer of FIPS140-2 certifiable 256-bitAES encryption, digital certifcates on network elements, digitally signed firmware files, MAC based access control lists and VLAN based access control lists.
* Flexible ConfigurationIndoor and outdoor HotPort 7000 nodes feature dual or single configurable radios in the 2.4, 4.9 (U.S. public safety licensed band) and 5 GHz frequency ranges. HotPort 7000 mesh can utilize channel widths of 5, 10, 20 and 40 MHz (MIMO only), with 5 and 10 MHz channel widths only available on the 4.9 GHz band.
Copyright © 2013. Messe Frankfurt New Era Business Media Ltd. All rights reserved.